woensdag 13 juni 2012

Summer blanket

I believe that everybody in Holland is looking at football now, the game in the European Cup between Holland and Germany, archrivals, consider football anyway. Oh, my boy yelled, it's now 0-1. No good at all. Well, I couldn't care less, which makes me a bad dutch woman, according  to my son.
Anyway, I finished my summer blanket.


I used all kinds of colours, all catania cotton and roco, and some scheepjes. And good old durable, which I loved so much (I knitted many baby clothes with it, often fair isle) but what you can't buy anymore.
I like it how all the colours come together. The white gives some rest. I made one concession, the last row on the border is in THE dutch colour (which is, by accident, a favorite of mine), namely orange.



A little to my surprise the blanket feels very soft, and warm enough.



here is my sons little kitten Loesje hiding under the blanket. She loves to dig in it, especially when I was crocheting. I started this blanket in the first week of april, when G and I were in Germany for  some days. I just looked at the photo's we made, we had a good time and beautiful weather, and we walked a lot. We stayed near Winterberg, in Sauerland. It sure was beautiful there.
Now I will leave you,  I will join my son. Otherwise he thinks I'm not only a bad dutch woman, but also a bad mother.



Tulips from Amsterdam.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hoi, wat leuk dat jij mij gevonden hebt, en ik nu jou!! Het ziet er hier erg gezellig uit, en wat een prachtige deken heb je gehaakt, wow!! Als ik dit zie, dan schaam ik me diep, want met mijn vierkantjes schiet het nog niet erg op... Leuk, ik ga je volgen! Groetjes Lupineke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Gerda,

    Dank je wel voor je gezellige reactie op mijn blog! Wat een prachtige sprei heb je gehaakt! Ik ben ook al een jaar met een sprei bezig, maar het lukt maar niet om hem af te krijgen!

    Alvast een fijn weekend!

    Madelief x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Zo vrolijk al die fleurige kleurtjes. Een fijne plaid. Ik zag onlangs nog Durable garen in verschillende kleuren (vergeten waar. Er zijn winkels die het niet meer verkopen. Hier in de winkel hebben ze enkele bollen wit en ecru in voorraad.
    Fijne voetbalavond, groetjes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Orange mania is great fun, and just a touch in your border was a great idea. My daughter didn't watch that GERvNL game either, her BF didn't mind too much! Fiona

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen